Purchase as an Individual
You may be eligible to purchase NH PFML insurance for yourself if your employer does not provide NH PFML or an equivalent benefit plan.
How It Works
If your employer does not provide NH PFML insurance, or an equivalent benefit plan, you may be eligible to enroll in the NH PFML individual plan yourself through MetLife, the State’s NH PFML insurance partner.
The NH PFML individual plan includes:
- Paid Family and Paid Medical leave together
- Up to 6 weeks of NH PFML benefits
- 60% of your average weekly wage up to the Social Security wage cap
- Leave that can be taken all at once or in partial days with a minimum of 4-hour increments.
- A 7-month waiting period before a claim may be submitted
- A single unpaid work week before benefits may be paid
- Premiums of no more than $5 per week
Each year, there will be a 60-day open enrollment period for the NH PFML individual plan. The open enrollment period for 2024 will be announced soon.
Additional information about the NH PFML individual plan can be found in the NH PFML Worker Toolkit - Individual Plan (coming soon).
For specific questions, please call the MetLife Customer Solution Center at 1.866.595.PFML (7365)