Purchase as an Individual
You may be eligible to purchase a NH PFML individual plan yourself if your employer does not provide NH PFML insurance or equivalent coverage.
How It Works
If your employer does not provide NH PFML insurance, or equivalent coverage, you may be eligible to purchase a NH PFML individual plan yourself through MetLife, the State’s NH PFML insurance partner.
A NH PFML individual plan includes:
- Paid Family and Paid Medical leave together
- Up to 6 weeks of NH PFML benefits
- 60% of your average weekly wage up to the Social Security wage cap
- Leave that can be taken all at once or in partial days with a minimum of 4-hour increments.
- A 7-month waiting period before a claim may be submitted
- A single unpaid work week before benefits may be paid
- Premiums of no more than $5 per week
How to Enroll
To be eligible to enroll in a NH PFML individual plan, you must work for a NH employer.
The enrollment period for an individual NH PFML plan is January 1, 2023 through March 2, 2023. Further details will be provided prior to the start of the enrollment period.