Coverage through Employer
Effective January 1, 2023, NH employers will have the opportunity to provide NH PFML insurance coverage to their workers.
How It Works
If your employer purchases NH PFML insurance coverage for you, it will include:
- Paid Family and Paid Medical leave together in a single insurance policy
- 60% wage replacement benefits up to the Social Security wage cap for qualifying leave reasons
- Up to 6-weeks or 12-weeks of wage replacement benefits, depending on your employer’s plan
- Leave that can be taken all at once or in partial days with a minimum of 4-hour increments.
- A single unpaid work week before benefits may be paid
NH PFML insurance provides wage replacement coverage when you are unable to work due to:
- Your own serious health condition when disability coverage does not apply, including childbirth
- Bonding with a child during the first year of birth, including placement for adoption or fostering
- Caring for a family member with a serious health condition
- Any qualifying urgent demand or need arising out of the fact that your spouse, child or parent is a covered military
- Caring for a covered service member with a serious injury or illness if the eligible worker is the service member’s spouse, child, parent or next of kin
If your employer does not provide NH PFML insurance or equivalent benefit coverage, you may be eligible to purchase NH PMFL insurance for yourself from MetLife, the State’s NH PFML insurance partner.